Sri Guru Granth Sahib is indeed unique in its thought, literary expression and the message it continues to communicate centuries after it was written. Exalted thought needs to be transported on the vehicle of language to reach the masses. Poetic expression lifts prose to a higher plane. When verse and music meld, their beauty and sweetness makes mind transcend the humdrum of rational existence.
The sacred verses of Sri Guru Granth Sahib are called Gurbani, which means the Guru's word or the song messages enshrined in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. In Sikhism, the Guru is the "Wisdom of the Word" and not a human or a book. God revealed the Word through the holy men and women from time to time, and the most recent revelations were entered in the text of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
SearchGurbani.com brings to you a unique and comprehensive approach to explore and experience the word of God. We have the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji , Amrit Keertan Gutka , Bhai Gurdaas Vaaran , Kabit Bhai Gurdaas , Bhai Nand Lal Baani and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. You can explore these scriptures page by page or search for a keyword in either one or all of the scriptures.
Access the scriptures by clicking on Menu Bar or search for a keyword below:
iSearchGurbani ( iSG) is a cross platform software bringing you a simplistic approach to search and explore Gurbani . iSG includes complete Sri Guru Granth Sahib , Bhai Gurdas Vaaran , Kabit Bhai Gurdas, Bhai Nand Lal Baani and Baani’s from Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. iSearchGurbani ( iSG) has a built in slideshow/projector feature, which automatically displays text to an additional monitor or projector screen configured as extended monitor.
iSearchGurbani is cross platform software, can be installed on Windows/ MAC OSx/ Linux.
iSearchGurbani v2.0 Features:
. SGGS Ang by Ang . SGGS Chapter Index
. SGGS Shabad Index
. Bhai Gurdas Vaaran Index
. Kabit by Kabit
. Sri Dasam Granth Chapter Index
. Sri Dasam Granth Page by Page
. Bhai Nand Lal Baani Index
- Daily Nitnem baanis and other Baanis like Sukhmani sahib, Asa di vaar with easy navigation and pagination.
- Advanced search of Shabads from Sri Guru Granth Sahib , Bhai Gurdas Vaaran , Kabit Bhai Gurdas, Bhai Nand Lal Baani and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib with First Letter Beginning and Anywhere in Romanisation and Gurmukhi
- Advanced search with filter of Scripture, raag and Author
- Teekas and Vishraam ( Punctuation), Lareevar also available along with Gurmukhi, Hindi transliteration , Romanisation, English transliteration and Translations.
- Customised User preferences for Languages displayed, Gurmukhi font selection, Font Sizes and Background Themes. Custom Backgrounds and Customised font colors.
- Save SGGS Ang/Baani/Searched Shabad
- Share your favorite verse in email / Text message/ Facebook or Twitter.
New Search option "First Letter Start" searches for verses beginning with the "first alphabet of the words in the verse in sequence" , it is very important search option in searching for a Gurbani . Searching for Verse line" pootha maaata ki aseess", the search keyword would be "pmka", the 2 options 1.Begining of Verse 2 Anywhere in the verse.